Our Services During the Pandemic
During the provincial State of Emergency Stay-at-Home order, Haldimand-Norfolk REACH will continue to provide services virtually and in-person as described below. With all in-person, outdoor and indoor services, H-N REACH uses safe practices such as screening prior to visits, masking/face covering and physical distancing.
- Our Child and Youth Crisis Service continues to provide virtual and in-person meetings. This is a crisis intervention service offered 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for children, youth and their families. Call 1-866-327-3224.
- All of our Licensed Childcare and School-Aged programs are open, using our safe practices as outlined by the Haldimand-Norfolk Health Unit and Ministry of Education guidelines.
- Our Classroom Facilitators and Resource Coordinators in the Family Early Intervention Program are offering full services while working within the health and safety practice developed by each community program.
- Union House continues to accept new referrals although we have many new admission safety practices, including that new residents must quarantine for 14 days.
- Student Nutrition Programs continue to support student's access to healthy nutritious food through school-based programs and community-based partnerships with local Food Banks and Church Out Serving.
- Child and Youth Mental Health Services continue to be available through the crisis line, virtual counselling and outdoor counselling. Our Tuesday Walk-In Counselling Clinic continues to operate as a ‘Virtual Therapy Clinic’. Every Tuesday from noon to 6:30 p.m. call our virtual clinic access number at 1-866-782-1786. For all other counselling we are now offering some in-person sessions based on need.
- Our Contact Unit, for intake and referral services continues to be provided virtually. This includes processing and managing Complex Special Needs. In person services are available based on need.
- H-N REACH is pleased to be a participating organization in the delivery of the new Foundational Family Services in the Ontario Autism Program. For more details, please visit the Autism and Behaviour Services section of our agency website.
- Coordinated Service Planning has continued as workers meet and support families and community partners virtually and some in-person services based on need.
- Virtual services continue to be working well for many of our programs and families. We will continue to provide virtual services whenever possible as well as in-person outdoor and indoor services based on need. This includes our Developmental Services, Early Childhood Intervention Programs, Adult and Family Counselling Programs, Youth and Adult Justice Services, and our Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder Program.
- Our Bramble Retreat program for both children and adults is closed at this time.
- Our EarlyON Child and Family Centre team is providing virtual services.
Follow us on Facebook for ongoing updates.
© 2021 Haldimand-Norfolk REACH