Virtual Walk-In Therapy Clinic
An Important Update About Our Services
- Our Contact Unit, for intake and referral services continues to be provided virtually. This includes processing and managing Complex Special Needs. In person services are available based on need.
- H-N REACH is pleased to be a participating organization in the delivery of the new Foundational Family Services in the Ontario Autism Program. For more details, please visit the Autism and Behaviour Services section of our agency website. Our Autism and Behaviour Services team is also providing in-home and in-office services.
- Child and Youth Mental Health Services continue to be available through the crisis line, virtual counselling and outdoor counselling. Our Tuesday Walk-In Counselling Clinic continues to operate as a ‘Call-In Clinic’, as we work to develop new safe practices for an in-person service . Our Crisis Service has resumed in-person meetings. For all other counselling we are now offering some in-office sessions based on need.
- Union House is now full but continues to accept new referrals. We have many new admission safety practices, including that new residents must quarantine for 14 days.
- Coordinated Service Planning has continued as workers meet and support families and community partners virtually and through in-person, outdoor services. We are now resuming some in-office sessions based on service participant need.
- Virtual services continue to be working well for many of our programs and families. We will continue to provide virtual services whenever possible as well as in-person and indoor services based on need. This includes our Developmental Services, Early Childhood Intervention Programs, Adult and Family Counselling Programs, Youth and Adult Justice Services, Coordinated Service Planning and our Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder Program.
- Our Bramble Retreat program for both children and adults continues to be closed at this point in time, however we are currently making plans for the safe reopening sometime in the next several weeks.
- McKinnon Park Child Care Centre has re-opened using our safe practices as outlined by the Haldimand-Norfolk Health Unit and Ministry of Education guidelines. Our other child care programs will reopen in September.
- All of our Licensed Childcare and School-Aged programs have re-opened, using our safe practices as outlined by the Haldimand-Norfolk Health Unit and Ministry of Education guidelines.
- With the reopening of child cares programs in Haldimand and Norfolk Counties, our Classroom Facilitators and Resource Coordinators in the Family Early Intervention Program are offering full services while working within the health and safety practice developed by each community program.
- EarlyON Child and Family Centre team has continued to provide virtual and outdoor services. Our EarlyON Child and Family Centres will resume in-door services in October.
- Student Nutrition Programs continue to support student's access to healthy nutritious food through new partnerships with local Food Banks and Church Out Serving. We are currently having conversations with our local school boards regarding the delivery of student nutrition programs in schools.
With all in-person, outdoor and indoor services, H-N REACH uses safe practices such as screening prior to visits and physical distancing.
Follow us on Facebook for ongoing updates.
Know Your Rights As a Child or Young Person
Did you know there is a law in Ontario called the Child , Youth and Family Services Act, 2017? This law outlines your rights as a child or young person receiving services related to foster homes, group homes, youth justice, secure treatment facilitates, mental health, developmental and/or physical disabilities under the Act. Find more information about this Act here.
Thank you for your feedback!
H-N REACH surveys our community partners every 2 years to hear about how we are doing and to gather their input on areas of future focus.
The following is a summary of what we heard and some of the actions we are taking in response.
- Our partners want to learn more about our services.
In the upcoming year we are engaging in many activities to help our community and partners know more about us.
This initiative is supported through Community Living Ontario, Six Nations Community Living, Haldimand Community Living, Community Living Access, Haldimand-Norfolk REACH, Norfolk Association for Community Living and is supported with Grand Erie District School Board and Brant Haldimand Catholic School Board.
Check out the link here to view their video.
Haldimand-Norfolk REACH Newsletter
View the current edition of the REACHING OUT Newsletter here!
Recognizing Our Award Winners
In 1992 the H-N REACH Merit Award was established. Through this annual award, Haldimand-Norfolk REACH recognizes members of our community who have made a significant contribution to children/youth and/or children/youth services in the Haldimand and Norfolk communities. Nominations for the Award are collected by the Agency staff and the recipients are selected by the Board of Directors.
The Haldimand-Norfolk REACH Merit Award was presented to two individuals at our 38th Annual General Meeting held at The Greens at Renton in Simcoe on September 26, 2019 and the Board of Directors of Haldimand-Norfolk REACH elected to acknowledge their incredible community work.
Jessica MacLean was the first recipient of the Merit Award. Jessica organizes and provides dedicated support to Lakewood Elementary School healthy snack program run through the H-N REACH Child Nutrition Network. The program supports 540 Lakewood Elementary students with healthy snack options. Congratulations Jessica.
Jean Montgomery was the second recipient of the Merit Award. Jean has been committed to the Suicide Prevention Network for approximately 17 years and trained many people in Haldimand and Norfolk ensuring there is a caring community for those experiencing suicidal thoughts. Jean has founded initiatives, worked on committees, sat on Boards and volunteered in many capacities in Haldimand and Norfolk. Congratulations Jean.
© 2020 Haldimand-Norfolk REACH