Regional Student Nutrition Program
In 2005, H-N REACH was selected as the Hamilton Niagara region’s Lead Agency for the Ontario Student Nutrition Program (SNP). The goal of provincial SNP is to help provide nutritious meals and snacks to children and youth to support their learning and healthy development. Provincial funding currently supports communities in providing universal access to nutritious meals and snacks at program sites across the region. Participation in a nutrition program can play an important role in maximizing student success. H-N REACH is also the sponsor agency for the Child Nutrition Network (CNN) which is the local provider for the Student Nutrition Program in Haldimand and Norfolk counties. H-N REACH contracts with three additional organizations in the Hamilton/Niagara region to provide SNP in the Brant, Hamilton and Niagara communities
Universal access, safe nutritious food and community involvement.
- Programs are open to all children and youth. Programs are non-stigmatizing.
- The foods are nutritious and follow the SNP Nutrition Guidelines (2016)
- Food offered is sensitive to faiths and cultures of children, youth and their families;
- Student Nutrition Program facilities have a safe location to prepare and serve food in accordance with the requirements of the local public health unit;
- Programs are delivered by school staff and volunteers;
- Local community stakeholders are engaged in the success of the program through fundraising, volunteer recruitment, decision-making and accountability;
- Parents and/or caregivers are welcomed and encouraged to support and contribute (financially and/or volunteering) to programs according to their ability.
To Get Started:
Call the Supervisor of the Regional Student Nutrition Program at 519-587-2441 or 1-800-265-8087 Ext: 408 or email at email@example.com
Please note that inquiries regarding the Regional Student Nutrition Program will be responded to in either English or French languages.
© 2021 Haldimand-Norfolk REACH