Return to News
An Important Update About Our Services
- Our Contact Unit, for intake and referral services continues to be provided virtually. This includes processing and managing Complex Special Needs. In person services are available based on need.
- H-N REACH is pleased to be a participating organization in the delivery of the new Foundational Family Services in the Ontario Autism Program. For more details, please visit the Autism and Behaviour Services section of our agency website. Our Autism and Behaviour Services team is also providing in-home and in-office services.
- Child and Youth Mental Health Services continue to be available through the crisis line, virtual counselling and outdoor counselling. Our Tuesday Walk-In Counselling Clinic continues to operate as a ‘Call-In Clinic’, as we work to develop new safe practices for an in-person service . Our Crisis Service has resumed in-person meetings. For all other counselling we are now offering some in-office sessions based on need.
- Union House is now full but continues to accept new referrals. We have many new admission safety practices, including that new residents must quarantine for 14 days.
- Coordinated Service Planning has continued as workers meet and support families and community partners virtually and through in-person, outdoor services. We are now resuming some in-office sessions based on service participant need.
- Virtual services continue to be working well for many of our programs and families. We will continue to provide virtual services whenever possible as well as in-person and indoor services based on need. This includes our Developmental Services, Early Childhood Intervention Programs, Adult and Family Counselling Programs, Youth and Adult Justice Services, Coordinated Service Planning and our Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder Program.
- Our Bramble Retreat program for both children and adults continues to be closed at this point in time, however we are currently making plans for the safe reopening sometime in the next several weeks.
- McKinnon Park Child Care Centre has re-opened using our safe practices as outlined by the Haldimand-Norfolk Health Unit and Ministry of Education guidelines. Our other child care programs will reopen in September.
- All of our Licensed Childcare and School-Aged programs have re-opened, using our safe practices as outlined by the Haldimand-Norfolk Health Unit and Ministry of Education guidelines.
- With the reopening of child cares programs in Haldimand and Norfolk Counties, our Classroom Facilitators and Resource Coordinators in the Family Early Intervention Program are offering full services while working within the health and safety practice developed by each community program.
- EarlyON Child and Family Centre team has continued to provide virtual and outdoor services. Our EarlyON Child and Family Centres will resume in-door services in October.
- Student Nutrition Programs continue to support student's access to healthy nutritious food through new partnerships with local Food Banks and Church Out Serving. We are currently having conversations with our local school boards regarding the delivery of student nutrition programs in schools.
With all in-person, outdoor and indoor services, H-N REACH uses safe practices such as screening prior to visits and physical distancing.
Follow us on Facebook for ongoing updates.
The Agency endeavours to provide a Scent-Free environment for the safety and comfort of all. Please refrain from the use of scented products when attending any of our sites and/or programs.
© 2021 Haldimand-Norfolk REACH
© 2021 Haldimand-Norfolk REACH
Back to top